This website is a British base online tool to help Seventh Day Adventist church members in Great Britain to eat more fruit and vegetables by using various British seasonal charts. It also serves the purpose of housing an archive of recipes, from church members, so that others can benefit from a selection of healthy dishes for individual use, for family meals, and social gathering such as potlucks and camps. It is also useful for those who are wanting to become vegetarian, vegan, or non-church members who are looking for healthy British recipes. We seek to offer online service users a great platform where there can search for seasonal fresh product that can enable them to make healthy recipes. The website house recipes that cover catering for medium to large size events so that local churches, conferences/missions, and the union can use it to plan catering for many individuals.
How to use this tool
- You can search for fruit or vegetable alphabetically.
- You can search for either fruit or vegetables by seasonal chart or calendar.
- You can search for nutritional information for some of the products.
- Within each product search, you can use the additional information section to see the seasonal comparison.
- Choose whatever seasonal products you need to make recipes.
- Choose from our online recipes to make tasty and healthy meals by actual portion size used at church events.
Which online tools are used on this website?
Currently, we are using three online tools for reference:
- The BBC Good Food Seasonality Table: to get a multimedia perspective.
- The Greener Scotland Food Chart by the Scottish Government: to get the local government perspective.
- The British Seasonal Chart by the New Covent Garden Market: to get the farmer’s market perspective.
Hopefully in the future, a vegetarian seasonal chart will be added. It could add value by helping service users understand if such calendar includes more plant product than the others. A good example is that of the BBC calendar that named the herb basil but did not include chive, thyme, and other herbs. We seek to offer online service users a great platform where there can search for seasonal fresh product that can enable them to make healthy recipes. We will continue to update our website with new recipes as soon as they are available. Thanks for visiting us and please share this website with your family and friends. Remember to leave your review. Thanks.
SsHaa GranDiece (Clive Birch)
Chef and Website Development