[Preparation Time: 1-1 1/2 Hours] [Cover: 21-30]
- 1.000 kg dry brown lentil
- 0.400 kg chopped onion
- 0.015 kg chopped garlic
- 0.120 kg chopped carrot
- 0.015 kg chopped parsley
- 10 ml vegetable oil
- 8 gluten free vegetable cubes
- 0.005 kg salt
- 3 L boiling water
- Place the lentil in a medium size pot and wash thoroughly with cold water. Drain the water off and place the pot on the cooker.
- Add 2.5 litres of boiling water and allow to boil before reducing the heat. Let it simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- In a separate medium size pot add the oil and heat before adding the chopped vegetables. Sweat for 10 minutes then add the cooked lentil. Ensure to include the water that cook the lentil. Use 0.05 litres of boiling water to dissolve the stock cubes, in a bowl, before adding to the pot. Mix well and add a little more boiling water and salt if required. Cook for 20-25 minutes before removing from the heat.
- Place the stew in a serving dish and serve with boil rice and vegetables (roast, steam, or raw).