[Preparation Time: 1-1 1/2 Hours] [Covers: 21-30]
- 2.000 kg roughly chopped peeled carrots
- 0.005 kg chopped parsley
- 1/2 tea spoon salt
- 0.010 kg vegetable oil
- 2 L boiling water
- Preheat oven at 225 °C.
- In a medium size pot add the carrot then the boiling water. Bring to the boil and turn the heat down and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use a colander to remove the boiling water and place the partially cooked carrots in a medium size roasting tray. Place the parsley, salt, and oil in a small bowl and mix well. Use a small brush to base the carrot with the mixture before putting in the oven.
- Roast carrots for 35-40 minutes. Remember to check the vegetable regularly to ensure thorough and even roasting. It is recommended that you turn the tray around after 20 minutes to encourage a nice and even colour.
- Remove from the oven and place in a serving dish. Serve with the meal of the day.