[Preparation Time: 1 hour] [Covers: 60-70]
- 8 x 0.50 kg or 500 g packs frozen soy mince (defrosted)
- 1.00 kg finely chopped onion
- 0.10 kg finely chopped garlic
- 0.05 kg finely chopped basil
- 6 x 0.60 kg jars bolognese sauce (or equivalent)
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 litres boiling water
- 0.01 kg vegetable oil
- In a large pot add the vegetable oil and heat it before adding the chopped vegetables. Fry for five minutes then add the bolognese sauce. Use a little water to rinse out each jar and add the mixture to the pot.
- Bring the mixture in the pot to simmer gently while incorporating all the ingredients thoroughly. Add an initial two tea spoons of salt and taste. Please note that most bolognese sauces already contain salt and one’s discretion is required. If more salt is needed then add a little at a time. However, if it still needs more then at accordingly.
- Allow to simmer on low heat for 40-45 minutes before removing and serve with plain rice, boiled vegetables, and stewed butter beans. Alternatively, you can serve it with mash potato (contains butter or margarine) or cream potato (contains butter and milk) along with steamed vegetables.