Summers are great in Britain because of the abundance of fresh seasonal fruits. To be exact, it is the seasons for berries. It is a good time to add it on the church potluck menu along with other seasonal bounties. This August, blueberry and strawberry are but few that are handy and cherry is a great addition since it is not long before the season closes on it. Below is a quick recipe for a simple fruit bowl.
[PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes] [COVER: 20-25]
- 200 g strawberries
- 200 g cherries
- 75 g blueberries
- 5 satsumas/clementines/mandarins
- 150 g white grapes
- 150 g red grapes
- Peel satsumas and place in a rectangular glass dish, using the segments to make five sections.
- Wash the strawberries and quarter them if the are medium to large in size. If they are small then leave whole. Place pieces in one of the sections.
- Wash both white and red grapes separately and place one each in a section in the dish.
- Wash cherries and place in the largest sections in the dish.
- Wash blueberries and place in the final section. Keep chill in the fridge until serving time at church.